Join the Lycée Rochambeau’s Team, where you will contribute to the growth and success of School. With us, you will find a gratifying work environment, conducive to the development and fulfilment of your professional objectives. Our community is diverse and reflects the international environment of the Washington, DC area.
The French International School of Washington (K to 12) is a private, non-for-profit organization with the mission to provide its students with the best of both the French and American educational systems. The school’s education is based on the French curriculum and is recognized worldwide. We are seeking teachers for the 2013-2014 school year.
GERMAN TEACHER – Secondary School
This position is part time 83.3%. 15 hours per week of classroom instruction and 18.3 hours per week in class preparation and grading
· Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
· Plans, teaches and assesses writing.
· Assesses students’ learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
· Maintains order within the classroom setting
· Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
· Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
· Communicates regularly with parents.
· Performs other duties as needed.
Requires knowledge of the concepts, principals and methodologies of instruction as well as general knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals to design and deliver instruction and to assess students’ learning.
- Certified teacher
- 5 year’s experience at the secondary level
- Native German speaking preferred
- Must be fluent in either English or French and some proficiency in the other is desired.
Let us know what you think! Connect with us @C_LaCross